- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 Mamba’s Crunchy Spicy Peanut Butter
- 1 156 ml can of tomato paste
- 900ml no sodium added vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 collard green leaves, cut into strips
- Crushed peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium heat. Add onion and sauté until transluscent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes and cumin and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peanut butter, tomato paste, vegetable broth, water and salt. Increase heat to high and stir until the peanut butter has melted completely. Cover and bring to a boil.
- When the stew is boiling, decrease heat to simmer and drop collard greens. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with crushed peanuts and fresh coriander. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.