- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Manba creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup softened butter or non-dairy margarine
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk or non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Add maple syrup, coconut milk and peanut butter to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to incorporate the peanut butter.
- Once the mixture is homogeneous, pour into a loaf pan with a capacity of 2L. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter (or margarine) and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is light. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix and transfer to the bowl containing the butter, sugar and egg mixture. Add milk and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a large spoon, spoon the dough onto the maple syrup, coconut milk and Manba mixture.
- Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
NOTE: Make this dessert 100% vegan by replacing the egg with 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water.