- 1/2 cup basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup panko
- 2 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp Manba Creamy Spicy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Add all rice ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes, covered.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Lightly grease and set aside.
- In a bowl, add cornstarch. In another bowl, add panko, sesame seeds, onion powder, chili powder and salt. Mix to combine. In a third bowl, add almond milk.
- Cut the tofu into strips 1 cm thick.
- Drop a strip of tofu in the bowl with cornstarch. Shake off the excess cornstarch. Then dip the tofu in almond milk and finally drop it in the panko and spices bowl. Toss around to cover it. Place on the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat for the remaining tofu strips.
- Lightly spray the tofu before placing in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until homogeneous.
- To serve, add coconut rice, tofu strips and your favorite veggies to a bowl. Drizzle with lots of spicy peanut butter sauce.