- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted *
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Manba creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly great two donut pans. Set aside.
- Add flax seeds and water to a small bowl. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add oat flour, gluten free flour, shredded coconut, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl. Mix.
- In another bowl, combine flax and water mixture, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, coconut milk and water.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until homogeneous.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pans, filling each one a little more than 3/4 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the donut pan and let cool completely.
- Prepare the icing by adding Manba, maple syrup and coconut oil to a medium sized bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Mix until homogeneous.
- Glaze donuts with the icing by dipping each donut into the peanut butter mixture then using a spatula to even out the coating. Garnish with shredded coconut. Enjoy!
NOTE: * Toast shredded coconut in the oven at 350ºF for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Watch closely as it burns very fast.
Recipe & photo by Murielle Banackissa